Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day One: Let's get started!

Hello all! Wow, less than 24 hours since I created this page and announced it on my personal blog and Facebook and already there have already been 19 pages views and multiple people have commented and expressed their excitement and support! Thank you all so, so, much! I really do appreciate it!

I have decided that each week I am going to set a goal for myself that must be met or exceeded by the end of the week. Being as it is the first day of the week, and the one day when I have the absolute most free time, these goals will be posted every Sunday. I'll try to get them out before noon but pending on my church schedule they may not come until the evening, no later than 10. Just to let you all know!

Also, I am going to see if I can get some kind of a counter on here so that everyone can visually see my word and chapter count as I go along. Ideally I would like to have an individual counter for each of the two stories I am interested in completing right now. If anybody has an idea of how I can do this--particularly you computer geniuses--please let me know!

So, my first goal for this week is to have 10,000 words (of one story) written by next Sunday, which is roughly 15-20 pages (give or take a few). I figured this was a reasonable goal to start out with and depending on how far I exceed the goal I may up the number next week.

Regarding my goals, there will be some weeks when I am more busy than others. If I know it's going to be a real stretch to meet a bigger goal I will probably set it lower, or I may just simply say "spend 30 minutes every day working on the story". Either way, I will have a goal each week.

Well, that's all for today. You may hear from me occasionally throughout the week as I continue with the story.

Love you all, and have a fabulous day!

~Stephanie~

1 comment:

  1. Just make it a basic blog post so you can see your progress. A simple "Daily" or "Weekly" number stating how far you are. Unless you plan on posting all your writing, which I would suggest against, I would say a manual way is the only way. It can be as simple as "Today I wrote 500 words" etc. etc. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete